Maumee Valley Doulas is proud to provide labor and birth support in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
Our Labor Doula services include:
- A free 60-minute consultation in the choice of your home or a public location. Finding the right doula to suit your unique needs is the most important step in receiving optimal labor support.
- 24/7 email and phone support from contract signing.
- On-call availability from contract signing. Whether you are 35 or 42 weeks you are guaranteed labor support.
- One 90 minute prenatal meeting. We will discuss you wishes during labor, help develop a birth plan should you choose to do so, talk about any concerns regarding your upcoming birth, and develop strategies to cope with labor and postpartum that are unique to you.
- Phone support during early labor, when you feel like presence is not yet needed but would like some coping tools and affirmation.
- Face-to-face support from the time you request us until approximately 1 hour after birth.
- One 2 hour postpartum visit. Immediate postpartum support is vital to getting you and your family adjusted to life with a newborn. We can discuss anything from comfort and sleep techniques, to breast or bottle feeding questions. Your doula can also help with light housecleaning and meal prep at this time.
Maumee Valley Doulas charges a flat fee of $700 for Labor Doula services.